In the wonderful world of blogging there exists The Blogger Recognition Award. The award is a way of spreading a friendly word about your fellow blogger.
The Wanderlust Vegans were lovely enough to nominate my blog! Woohoo… and thank you Wanderlust Vegans – your blog is mega!
The Blogger Recognition Award requires bloggers to tell you about how they started blogging, why they blog and to give some advice to other bloggers. So now it’s my turn. Here I go…
How I started Blogging
If you didn’t know already, I’m super passionate about animals… But that’s not how I got into blogging. Technically I was tricked into it. My Beautiful Friend Louise (also vegan) was yearning to do something to raise awareness for her passion (children’s rights). She wanted to start a blog and to help her get started, I offered to start a blog alongside her but mine would be about animals and veganism. Three weeks later, I had a blog and Louise had decided to focus on her teaching career and starting a Masters. Like that ever helped anyone?! 😉
Fortunately for me, Louise insisted I carry on… So here I am, 22 posts later. Thanks Louise 💛
Why I blog
Before starting this blog, writing had been a struggle for me. I have zero experience in writing and quite frankly lack confidence in the topic. I am fully aware that my grammar, punctuation and any sort of writing style lack charm and correctness. Ironically, you’ve probably noticed a few mistakes in that last sentence too… But this blog is for the animals, not me.
Animals are defenceless in this world. We (the human race) use animals for all we selfishly can take from them but surely it should be our responsibility to look after the defenceless, not take advantage of them. Factory farming, animal testing, clothing made from animals and deforestation burn a fire in my stomach. I want it all to stop. Like many others in the vegan/animal activism world, I feel desperately powerless for the animals. I wish I could save them all but unfortunately I am overwhelmed by the feeling that there is nothing that I can do to help them. However, since starting this blog lots of people have contacted me to tell me how they feel about eating meat, whether it be in support of veganism or not. Regardless, it gets people thinking about what they eat and that’s one step closer to helping animals. It all helps.
Advice for my fellow bloggers
I’m still new to blogging so I’m not sure what advice I would give to other bloggers, or whether I’m qualified to… My unqualified advice would be to stay open-minded and most-definitely friendly. No one likes a mean blogger!
Lastly I’d like to nominate my current favourite bloggers to carry on the lovely sentiment of The Blogger Recognition Award. I’m very excited to hear how and why they started blogging. Those bloggers are:
- Rae Likes Froot: One of my favourite vegan bloggers at the moment. I find her posts incredibly funny and always look forward to her next post.
- There’s an Elephant in the Room blog: A very honest and hard-hitting blog. I would definitely recommend a read.
- Dig Out Your Soul: This is a beautifully written blog for the animals with incredibly strong messages.
- The Bruges Vegan: A great food blog based out of Belgium that I would highly recommend.
- MooFreeMama: A mega, healthy vegan blog offering us an insight into how easy it is to be vegan.
- Susan’s Journey to Wellness: A beautiful blog written very honestly by a new vegan about her journey with depression and anxiety.
If the above bloggers would like to keep the award going, then the rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
- Keep writing mega blog posts for me to read! 😀